Project ITV

Project ITV

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

UI improvements and design considerations

10 April

Today, Li Hao told me several issues with the game's UI and the way I try to tell players things. The UI isn't that fantastic. And the box which indicates which player is currently being controlled was at the upper right corner, and was never noticed. The restart button was also big and consumed space. The buttons were dull and it didn't really look good.

He also did not know that he could click on the portals in the Level Selection Menu to go there automatically. I tried to do button-like icons above the portals but it did not look clickable still. This problem plagued me.

How to make a button look like a button? And look good at the same time?
This doesn't look good enough by his standards and I think I have to try something else =(.

No comments:

Post a Comment