Project ITV

Project ITV

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Backgrounds

Saturday, 20 October 2012 - Backgrounds

I've been working on the LevelEditor today. I managed to get the save feature finalized, but the problem lies with exporting the level in the editor into a real working and playable level.

I also spent a lot of time today creating a building level. It is a very tall map with moving, slanted platforms. It is really cool in action.

I also drew three new backgrounds recently.
1) Factory background
2) Tall Building background
3) Night City Background (tall version)
Images above are scaled to fit this window.

I also added decorations and special effects onto one of the bonus levels - the rooftop. When the player reaches the rooftop, there is a spot on the map that glows. When approached, it triggers a picture to appear. Some effects are accompanied with the picture. I've tested it repeatedly and it works great.

That's all for the progress for yesterday and today.

Oh, I drew a popup too:

This is a draft popup that may or may not be added to the game. Right now, pushing the ESC key during a level returns the player to the Level Selection screen without any prompts.

I most likely am not doing a pause state, since the game does not need one. But a popupconfirmation before returning to the level selection screen might be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment